Department: STM Fidecs Life, Health and Pensions
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Direct Reports: None
To support the pensions department deliver a first-class administration service, achieved by ensuring the financial integrity of all financial transactional processes. This will include the preparation of pension scheme reports and financial statements; the reconciliation of the movement of client money and investments; the management of fee collection and aged debt; oversight of tax reporting, and supporting the pensions business with internal and external enquiries, reporting and attending meetings as required.
- Preparation of pension scheme reports and financial statements based on a range of relevant information.
- Lead the liaison with the department’s external auditors and other advisors ensuring all pension plans’ financial statements as required are reconciled and signed off within appropriate reporting timescales.
- Reconciliation of pension scheme contributions and investments
- To manage the client accounts daily and ensure these are reconciled at all times.
- Review of files to ensure that transactions are properly reflected in the books of account and that transactions have been appropriately authorised.
- To ensure client accounts transactions are posted and maintained on the department’s database to produce accurate AUM, asset accumulation and up to date valuation reports and analysis.
- Review and update of client ledgers in accordance with work programmes.
- To assist with the preparation and review of the relevant investment returns as required.
- Issue timely reports for the invoice and collection process with relevant analysis for errors and omissions.
- Oversee the tax reporting process to ensure statutory timescales are met.
- Provide management information as requested.
- Monitor and manage the aged debt in accordance with the approved process and report monthly on the relative position and root cause analysis.
- Act as a source of knowledge for the appropriate accounting treatment of unusual transactions.
- To ensure that internal accounting systems, processes, and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the business needs.
- Coach, guide and support team members to enable them to be effective in their roles and encourage their personal development.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment with a flexible and adaptable attitude towards the delivery of processes and controls that conform to accepted accounting principles.
- Capturing and understanding thoroughly accounting and regulatory requirements.
- High level of analytical and communication skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and disseminate to a wide audience with differing knowledge levels.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and all key stakeholders across the business and good influencing skills to communicate business and technical information to intended audiences.
- Business related degree (minimum 2nd class) or equivalent professional qualification
- Part CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Microsoft excel intermediate (minimum)
- Attention to detail
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- IT literate
- Organisational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Financial Services environment, preferably pensions and relevant regulatory authority
- Methods of interpreting, analysing and presenting financial information
- Understanding pensions accounting requirements and linked taxation regulations
3 years’ experience working in a financial services environment within a diverse range of business teams :
-Preparation of pension scheme reports and financial statements
-Analysing and interpreting key information as part of accounting and finance legislation
-Identifying and recommending appropriate solutions to meet business requirements
-Analysing current competition and markets