Department: SIPP Compliance & Technical
Location: Compliance & Technical, Milton Keynes – UK
Reporting to: Senior Manager
Direct Reports: None
To ensure the company attains high standards of regulatory compliance by providing a practical, efficient, professional and treating customers fairly compliance solution, in all aspects of the complaint handling process.
Dimensions of Role
Ensure that our customers are treated fairly and receive a fair and consistent service in line with the Company’s TCF policy and the regulatory guidelines in relation to complaint handling.
The role holder will have access rights to the relevant systems and staff members, including any records necessary to allow the role holder to carry out their responsibilities. The role holder is responsible for handling this and any other data appropriately and confidentially, at all times.
Successful candidates will be required to manage and take ownership of a wide range of complex issues and complaints from customers whilst ensuring they are commercially aware at all times.
Key Result Areas
Support the business and the Compliance and Technical team in the complaints handling process and delivery of complaints by way of:
- Receiving inbound complaints from Options UK Pensions’ customers and customer representatives, and respond in a timely and appropriate manner in the initial handling of the matter.
- Assist with the preparation of DSAR information packs.
- Acknowledge complaints within regulatory deadline requirements, complete and maintain logs of all complaints registers and MI.
- Complete complaint investigations thoroughly researching databases, files, records and meeting with relevant staff in order to produce a detailed report of the events and actions leading up to the complaint.
- Liaise with customers and write comprehensive decision letters to customers or their representatives.
- Liaise with other bodies such as the FOS, Legal Firms or Claims Management Companies in handling complaints as required.
- Complete redress calculations and gather the information required to complete these calculations from third parties.
- Liaise with the firm’s legal representatives and insurers and provide regular information and updates.
- Make fair and reasonable judgments about complaint outcomes in a timely manner and in line with TCF principles.
- Manage a workload of cases at various stages of resolution.
- Assisting in the completion of information gathering and audit.
- Liaise with department managers in reference to any concerns, providing feedback and tracking resolution.
- Assisting with producing management information for use by Senior Managers and Directors.
- Assisting with the recording and monitoring of legal fees.
- Work with the Compliance team to ensure the firm’s systems and controls are robust, support the immediate and future business plans and adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Identify systems, procedures and control improvements.
- Ensure current system and controls are effective and embedded within the firm.
- Provide support and assistance to any ad hoc compliance projects as appropriate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant FCA rules and guidance, in particular DISP and keep abreast of key business, regulatory and industry developments.
Essential skills and attributes required
– Educated to advanced level and preferably hold a degree or relevant professional qualification desirable.
– Previous experience in a complaint handling role is essential.
– Previous experience in a pension or investment knowledge is desirable.
– Knowledge of UK regulation.
– Experience of working in Financial Services in a complaint handling environment.
– Demonstrates commitment to the fair treatment of customers.
– Ability to review and interpret regulatory developments.
– Understanding and application of procedures, systems, and controls.
– Strong communication skills.
– Strong team working ethic and flexibility.
– Excellent organisation, influencing and relationship building skills.
– Strong analytical and investigation skills.
– Ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines.
– Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
– Solid and effective research and report writing skills.
– Attention to detail – working to a high standard.
– Options UK Pensions Specific.
– Demonstrate innovation and added value towards customers’ needs.
– Excellent and quality in service delivery.
– Team spirited and reliable.
– Acting with accountability and integrity.
– Results focused.