Department: STM Life Assurance PCC Plc
Reporting to: Team Leader – Investments
Direct Reports: None
The role is a core function within the Dealing and Investments Team. The purpose of the role is to ensure that all trades are executed accurately and in a timely manner in line with agreed SLAs. This will include various instrument types, investment markets, and execution methods. Updating of asset prices and reporting on clients’ investment holdings will need to be completed on a regular basis so excellent communication skills will be required in order to deliver first-class customer service to both financial advisors and both in house and external clients.
- Preparation and processing of all aspects of fund administration (dealing, settlements, switches, etc.)
- Ensuring all investment instructions and contract notes received are processed accurately, in accordance with company procedures
- Monitoring the team mailbox ensuring delivery of appropriate responses to internal and external clients within expected service standards and quality levels.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate information on the policy system
- Analysing and updating asset pricing and reconciliation spreadsheets
- Accurate pricing of assets and preparation of quarter end reporting requirements
- Assisting with financial transactions, completing payment requisitions, and obtaining appropriate back-up documentation as required
- Shared responsibility for developing new processes and challenging existing ones, to maximise efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent numerical, analytical and Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly organised and flexible with positive attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail, accurate and able to work under pressure without compromising on quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact with peers and clients at all levels
- Experience gained within the finance/investment sectors is preferred
- Organisational and time management skills
Educated to at least GCSE level specifically with passes in English and Maths
A level or equivalent qualification.
Experience of investments, asset classes and Life policies.
Knowledge and Experience:
Preferably experience working in a financial services environment within an administration/back office team:
- An understanding of Investments and different asset classes
- Familiar with office productivity software and, in particular, Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using database systems.
- Delivering excellent customer service levels.
- Regulatory compliance procedures.
- GDPR Data Protection requirements.
- Financial Crime and Anti Money Laundering requirements