Supervisor Compliance and Risk
Closing Date: None
Department: STM Malta Pension Services Ltd
Reporting to: Head of Compliance & MLRO and Company Secretary
Direct Reports: None
Summary of Role
To assist the Head of Department in ensuring that the Company is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to the its industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices and internal standards.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills;
- Ethical & principled and proactive
- Organisation and time management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels
Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to degree level.
- 2 years relevant experience working in a compliance role or other relevant transferrable experience gained within the Financial Services Industry
- Awareness and familiarity in relevant legislation and regulations;
- Familiarity with pensions schemes is desirable.
- Familiar with the main office productivity software
- Ability to set own and others’ deadlines and work accurately to tight deadlines and handling assigned projects.
- Perform the compliance monitoring programme in conjunction with the rest of the Compliance team
- In respect of staff reporting to you, supervise the allocation of work, its completion within deadlines and its quality giving feedback and training as required
- Check that reports are being prepared and distributed (<20%, uninvested funds, suspended funds, CBM) as required
- ERM Reports to be sent as requested including risk register, KRI, complaints
- Ensuring the upkeep of the C&R Calendars and the submission of both regulatory and non-regulatory reports.
- Second reviewer as per 4 eye principle
- Provide approval for all high-risk member transactions including onboarding
- To ensure all admin re License fees is done correctly / timely payments
- Review and approve all marketing material together with the Head of Department
- Involvement in the preparation of documents and packs for the Management, Committee, and Board meetings
- Draft internal documentation including resolutions, TORs, agreements
- Ensure the upkeep of the company registers
- In conjunction with the Head of Department, provide recommendations on matters arising including AML / GDPR / Pension Rules / circulars / legal notices
- Keep up to date with legislation
- Annual review of current policies to provide a report to the Head of Department including Review of procedures of all departments, s new (or to amend) procedures as a result of the monthly checks and follow-up and Create new policies / procedures for approval
- Recommends to the DPO & Head of Compliance on the GDPR cases.
Other duties as may be determined from time to time by Management
The tasks listed are not meant to be exhaustive, and you may be requested to perform those duties or undertake other reasonable tasks of a similar nature, but which are not explicitly listed in the job description.