Head of Customer
Closing Date: 25/11/2022
Department: STM Life, London & Colonial Assurance, & Fidecs Pensions
Reporting to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Yes
Lead the delivery of excellent customer journeys to all STM Life & Pensions customers via a team of administrators and Team Leaders. This will be achieved via first class organisational skills, effective people development, and an ability to lead colleagues to their full potential. Must have a proven ability to coach, provide training and mentoring whilst exhibiting excellent communication skills and being adaptable to varying demands and workloads. The job holder will be responsible for embedding our Customer Strategy, and STM Values across a team of 30 colleagues. A key focus will be to lead the implementation of a robust Learning & Development framework, & Succession Planning initiatives.
- Coach & observe Team Leaders & Managers to ensure they carry out regular performance management in accordance with company and department requirements, to ensure staff achieve their full potential.
- Provide oversight and input to personal development plans and goals/objectives
- Observe and feedback on Team Leaders conducting Probation reviews, and provide support with these reviews for the rest of the team(s).
- Oversee Team Leaders & their teams to ensure consistency in carrying out Return to Work interviews.
- Review & align the on-boarding experience from candidate to new colleague.
- Embed the STM Values into people management processes and team meetings.
- Maintain an individual continuous professional development plan to enhance existing skills and knowledge and improve others where required.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement with the 4 Customer Teams.
- Deliver workshops on key learning areas such as complaints training or effective communication skills.
- Be responsible for the overall customer experience across Life & Pensions whether via a direct customer or an intermediary acting on their behalf.
- Review management information within the Life & Pensions teams and carry out root cause analysis on successes, gaps and control failures.
- Identify and align operational synergies across Life & Pensions and drive forward changes that will enhance the customer experience.
- Liaise with Technical, Compliance, Operational Support and Project Teams to ensure regulatory and operational requirements are up to date and effective.
- Review & approval of new business, additional premium & terms of business applications.
- Deliver and embed a Quality Assurance Framework that ensures quality standards are met, and team members are given the opportunity to progress their competency ratings.
- Provide oversight on all administration responsibilities of the Customer Teams and measure the success of these against core service level standards.
- Understand customer requirements and make every effort to ensure performance targets and quality standards are met.
- Support Team Leaders with the implementation of effective cross skilling to remove key person dependencies.
- Work alongside Operations Support to achieve effective procedure implementation and process management, incorporating effective and customer service-enabled processes.
- Act as the control owner for operational risks identified within the risk frameworks and be responsible for leading a culture of effective risk management.
Customer Liaison Team:
- Lead a specific Customer Liaison Team, as front-line specialists in positive customer experiences and experts in customer monitoring.
- Be responsible for the first line of defence activities across the Life & Pensions teams to contribute to a robust regulatory framework.
- Assess the quality of telephone calls made or received across the teams to ensure a consistent and compliant approach.
- Support 4 eyes checking on customer monitoring activities such as risk profiling, cyclical monitoring and high risk customer identification.
- Oversee the management of the company specific High Risk Registers to ensure current KYC checks and supporting documentation are held on record.
Proven track record working in a financial services environment within a diverse range of business teams, and a proven ability to demonstrate the below:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships with and motivate colleagues and all key pensions stakeholders across the business
- Customer Journey mapping
- Performance management
- Leaning & Development (L&D) skills or Trainer experience
- Consultation, Design, Delivery, and Evaluation of L&D initiatives
- Team delivery of its service commitments with a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to present complex subjects in an engaging and easily understood manner
- Effective delegation & able to meet deadlines without compromising work quality
- Business related degree (minimum 2nd class) or equivalent professional qualification
- CII Financial Planning Award (Such as CF1, FA2, or LF1)
- CPD relating to Leadership
- Strong influencing and motivational skills
- Good decision making & Interpersonal skills
- IT literate
- Organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail/Analytical & problem solving skills
- Financial services environment, ideally pensions, life assurance or relevant regulatory authority
- Tax Office (or HMRC) pensions requirements
- Regulatory compliance procedures
- Data Protection Act/ GDPR CF1
- Financial Crime requirements, including KYC, customer monitoring and operational risk assessment
- Anti-Money Laundering requirements