Functional & UAT Tester
Closing Date: 20/08/2021
Reporting to: Head of Change
Direct Reports: None
Statement of Responsibility
As a Systems Tester you will be working as part of a busy team helping to grow technical solutions and develop quality services to streamline business processes. With a focus on making sure the software developed is fit for purpose reducing business risk and can sustain a growing user base. As part of the IT Test Team, design and create test scripts to support the implementation of pre-planned projects/sprints whilst maintaining business as usual. Support the IT team to provide good customer service and delivery.
On an ad-hoc basis, as and when required, provide training support, coaching and operational readiness and go live support to staff in STM Group as they adopt the new BOSS system.
- Ability to understand the core system components and new functionality, with the ability to design and create quality test scripts and expected results in Azure Dev Ops
- Functionally Test and regression test software as services, developed or purchased in line with STMs business requirements.
- Ensure co-ordination with other UAT testers within the business to ensure that the tests are allocated and conducted according to the test scripts designed so that the results can be tracked and reported on.
- Track and monitor functional and UAT results through the use of the Azure dashboards
- Keep the Head of Change informed of any issues and required changes.
- Deliver testing for agreed projects.
- Liaise with, business departments and external suppliers to assist with IT delivery.
- Update or implement relevant documentation e.g. user guides, tutorials etc.
- Research the latest technology changes/enhancements and provide proposals of how these may be utilised by STM.
- Instigate quality and test advocacy and resolve issues that impede the testing effort
- Define scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery for IT functional testing and assist with the scope of UAT
- Identify the Target Test Items to be evaluated by the test effort, monitor the test coverage and evaluate the overall quality experienced when testing the Target Test Items for functional and assist with the same for UAT testing
- Define the appropriate tests required and any associated Test Data, case scenarios etc for functional testing and UAT testing
- Apply appropriate test measurements and metrics in each test cycle
- Gather and manage the Test Data, distribute to business testers, collate and analyse the test results and report back on bugs/issues and planned fixes
- Evaluate the outcome of each test cycle for functional testing. For UAT testing, work with the business to produce the bug reports to feed back within IT and the business ensuring that bugs on previous test cycles have been resolved, re-tested and accepted by the business
- Deploy and manage resources for testing within IT and co-ordinate with the business where relevant for UAT
- Understand how testing fits into the organisational structure
- Design innovative training materials to ensure collaborative learning and change management, including external training materials.
- Create, maintain and enhance working relationships with key contacts across the organisation.
- Manage and prioritise own workload taking into account your own objectives and those of the wider team.
- Confident with new systems and learning new processes (Required).
- An ability to communicate clearly, effectively to stakeholders, users and small groups. Can explain complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand. (Required).
- An ability to be self-motivated and proactive (Required).
- Strong planning and organisational skill (Required).
- Be a team player, with an enthusiastic, proactive and flexible approach to getting jobs done (Required).
- Good working knowledge of Azure Dev Ops (Required)
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating system (Required).
- Business Analytical experience
- Experience designing and executing test plans.
- Experience developing/executing test scenarios and scripts manual and automated.
- Experience load/stress testing software using automated tools.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of STM Groups key business systems, processes and workflows to provide technical expertise when necessary (preferred).
ISTQB certification in software testing – Certified Tester (desired)
- Minimum 3 years Financial Services experience, ideally within a pension’s background.
- Good understanding of STM Group business systems and processes and in particular the BOSS System (Desired)