Location: Haywards Heath but remote working could be considered
Reporting to: Development manager
Direct Reports: None
As a Developer, you will be working as part of a busy team helping to grow technical solutions and develop quality services to streamline business processes. You will work with the other members of the team to design and implement solutions to pre-planned project requirements whilst also supporting, maintaining, and keeping secure STM’s in-house written software, where required. You will be expected to be flexible and willing to support the rest of the IT team in all activities to provide good customer service and delivery.
- Design and Develop software in line with STM’s business requirements.
- Keep the Development manager informed of any issues and required changes.
- Deliver agreed on projects.
- Liaise with business departments and external suppliers to assist with IT software delivery.
- Assist with cyber security risk management and business continuity plan.
- Propose improvements/enhancements to the reliability of STM’s systems.
- Research the latest technology changes/enhancements and provide proposals of how these may be utilised by STM.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good experience with C# and the .Net Framework (Required).
- Good experience with ASP.Net MVC (Required).
- Good experience with MS SQL Server (Required).
- Experience of ASP.Net webforms (Desirable).
- Experience of cloud/DevOps technologies, ideally Azure (Desirable).
- Experience with Git, CI/CD, TDD, and IoC containers (Desirable).
- Good understanding of architectural patterns and best practices, eg SOLID (Required).
- An ability to communicate clearly and effectively (Required).
- An ability to be self-motivated and proactive (Required).
- Strong planning and organisational skills (Required).
- Be a team player, with an enthusiastic, proactive and flexible approach to getting jobs done (Required
The tasks listed are not meant to be exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake other reasonable tasks of a similar nature, but which are not explicitly listed in the job description, and assist other teams with their portfolios.Apply for this job